Want to make a great investment?
Invest in your oral health! Practicing good oral hygiene requires technique, consistency, and the right tools for the job – like the Oral-B SmartSeries 4000 CrossAction Electric toothbrush!
Bluetooth-equipped, affordably priced and feature-rich, it’s an excellent choice that’s tough on plaque – and easy on the wallet. This acclaimed Oral-B SmartSeries toothbrush has the same exceptional cleaning power as the high end Genius 9000, but without unnecessary features.
SmartSeries 4000 Key Features
- The first Oral-B toothbrush with integrated Bluetooth technology
- Real-time feedback guides and improves brushing technique
- Integrated pressure sensor prevents overbrushing
- Dentist-inspired design
- Multiple cleaning modes—Daily Clean, Gum care and Sensitive—for greater versatility than a manual toothbrush
- Includes everything you need to get started: Bluetooth-equipped handle; charger and brush head holder; two brush heads
Oral-B Smart Series 4000 Overview
Features Bluetooth Technology for Smarter Brushing
The Oral-B Smart Series 4000 utilizes Bluetooth to track, review and help you improve your brushing habits. Interfacing with Oral-B’s smartphone app, the Series 4000 doesn’t only track your progress in real time—it can store as many as twenty brushing sessions. I’m detail-oriented, and appreciated being able to review those sessions, and it was eye-opening to see how much my once-poor brushing habits improved over time.
Though the Series 4000 electric toothbrush features an integrated timer – more on that later – the app takes it to another level, not only reminding you to move onto the next quadrant of your mouth, but displaying a segmented view of those quadrants on your smartphone’s screen.
For those that love to share data, a whopping six months’ worth can be saved, making it possible to not only review, but share it with your dental health professional. And so clever is the Oral-B app that it provides a reminder – perfect for the absent-minded (or merely busy) individual – when it’s time to replace the brush head.
Built-in Pressure Sensor Protects Both Toothbrush and Gums
I’ll admit it: I’m an occasional overbrusher.
That’s a fancy way of saying that I apply too much pressure when I brush my teeth. I think I developed this habit when I was a teenager and wanted to scrub my teeth to a sparkling white. Of course, I never achieved that brilliant white, but my teeth sure were clean. Overbrushing can wear out a toothbrush prematurely, irritate the gums, and in extreme cases, abrade the teeth’s protective enamel.
Thankfully I kicked the habit before I ran into any of these serious dental issues.
Fortunately, Oral-B’s Smart Series 4000 electric toothbrush features an integrated pressure sensor that acts as a safeguard against overbrushing. It’s simple – if you push too hard, the pressure sensor illuminates, and the brush head stops moving. You can’t get any safer than that!
Inspired by Dentists for Exceptional Results
The next time you’re in a dental office, take a look around. You’ll probably notice that many of the tools have round heads. It’s no mistake that Oral-B’s electric toothbrush heads are round, too – that makes them perfect for surrounding each tooth, concentrating and maximizing the effect of the Smart Series 4000’s oscillating, rotating and pulsating cleaning action.
Three Modes and an Excellent Brush Head for Superior Results
A manual toothbrush can only be moved in one of two ways: up and down, or around and around—and good luck trying to do both at once! The Oral B Smart Series 4000 has three cleaning modes, making it versatile and effective.
Most people find the Daily Clean Mode perfect – it provides a great, all-round cleaning action. But don’t forget about Gum Care—this mode gently massages gum tissue, stimulating blood flow and helping to remove stubborn plaque. I like the Gum Care mode enough that I often alternate between it and Daily Clean. Sensitive mode runs the Series 4000 at a lower speed, and is perfect for those with sensitive teeth and gums.
Included with the Smart Series 4000 are CrossAction and Sensitive brush heads – the former being one of my favourite for all-purpose use. The round shape encapsulates each tooth, cleaning evenly and thoroughly, and the bristle clusters—set at opposing 16-degree angles – clean deep between your teeth. The triple-threat oscillation-rotation-pulsation cleaning action loosens, then sweeps away up to one hundred percent more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
An All-in-One Package
The Smart Series 4000 does not come bristling (pun intended) with innumerable accessories and attachments – nor should it. Everything you need, from the brush handle and head, to the charger and brush head holder, is included. And the Series 4000’s full compatibility with other Oral-B brush heads—including Precision Clean, Floss Action, Pro White, Sensitive Clean and Ortho Care—dramatically increase the brush’s versatility, allowing you to tailor it to your unique needs.
Pros and Cons of the Oral-B Smart Series 4000 Toothbrush[alert-success]
- Affordable. This toothbrush is currently priced around £50 on Amazon, which is a fair price to pay for such a good toothbrush.
- Trusted. Oral-B is a world-leader in dental health products and the number-one brand used and recommended by dentists worldwide.
- Advanced. Integrated Bluetooth technology and the Oral-B app help you track and improve your brushing habits.
- Convenient. The pressure sensor and timer take guesswork and clockwatching out of the equation.
- Effective. Three modes, triple-action cleaning, a high-speed motor and a superb brush head make the Smart Series electric toothbrush a highly-effective oral hygiene tool.
- Long-lasting. The battery, when fully charged, lasts approximately one week with regular use.
- …and removes more plaque that manual brushing
- No battery life indicator. It’s in no way a deal-breaker, but when life gets busy, it would be helpful to know if the battery is about to run out.
- Could be slightly smaller. The Series 4000 should suit the majority of users, but may be a bit on the large side for those with small hands.
Our Conclusion to this review…
For a hair under £50 (at the time of writing), Oral-B’s Smart Series 4000 CrossAction electric toothbrush is a great buy, and we’ve found the best price on Amazon. Whilst lacking the many brushing modes and highly-refined appearance of Oral-B’s pricier offerings, the Series 4000 strikes a good balance between cost and performance. Three brushing modes are adequate for the majority of users, and the included brush heads – CrossAction and Sensitive – provide excellent performance, each suited to a different need.
Using the Oral-B app isn’t necessary, but it can be of great help to those who struggle with brushing long enough or cleaning their mouths evenly – for anyone who enjoys tracking their progress. If you’ve been on the fence about buying an electric toothbrush, and want something a step above basic, consider the Smart Series 4000 CrossAction, your teeth & gums will be forever grateful.